Name: Earning Station
Price: Free to Join (US Citizens Only)
Owner: Matt Hynes (MassFinity)
Earning Station Review Introduction
One thing I know is a struggle for most people trying to build online businesses is cash. Making money online usually requires investment. What most affiliate marketers do not realize is that investment doesn’t necessarily need to be in cash. You can also trade your thoughts and opinions.
I know many people frown when someone suggests that they can take surveys for money. But as an affiliate marketing beginner who needs some quick extra cash, you’ll be interested to learn about an opportunity to get paid for doing stuff you are probably doing already. That is precisely the reason I decided to check out this and other survey panels to come up with a detailed Earning Station review.
Overview of Earning Station
Earning Station is one of the newer survey panels; currently just 4 years old. Unlike other survey companies whose offers are predominantly questionnaire-based surveys, Earning Station member earn by doing additional tasks like:
- Using search engines to search the web
- Watching videos
- Shopping online
- Playing games
Every task you complete on the panel earns you StationDollars, known as SD on the site. SD is the virtual currency which converts to real US$ at a rate of 100:1; i.e. SD100 = US$1. Once you accumulate SD1,000 in your Earning Station account you can redeem them for gift cards or sweepstake entries.
Earning Station is 100% free to join but however, it is strictly for US citizens only because of the nature of offers available on that platform.
Pros and Cons
- It’s completely free to join
- The dashboard is intuitive and easy to navigate
- Multiple ways of earning which are additional to the traditional customer surveys
- Earning station has a large supply of tasks to complete; which makes it easy to reach the minimum redemption threshold.
- You get paid for doing what you are already doing online anyway.
- It is a risk-free, start-and-go method of making money online. No need to set up a website, no extra tools required; just sign up for free and you’re good to go.
- The gift cards are redeemable at reputable outlets; including Amazon. You don’t have to worry about getting stuck with gift cards that only work on stuff you don’t need.
- Earning Station has a clean track record since their launch; which indicates that members are happy with what they are getting through the survey panel.
- Restricted to US citizens only.
- No payout to PayPal. They recently stopped cashing out to PayPal, though they used to allow redemptions to PayPal or Pre-Paid debit card.
Earning Station Review: Who is it for?
Earning station describes itself as a customer rewards platform. That means it is basically for consumers who like to share their opinion about new and existing consumer products; i.e. take surveys for money.
But as mentioned earlier, they don’t just offer surveys; which makes them ideal for people who want more than just a survey panel from where to share opinions. Earning station is also ideal for:
- People seeking a simple way to make and save money online. Without a website, list or the need to advertise, you can earn coupons and gift cards which help you save on your purchases.
- Affiliate Marketers looking for a unique promotional tool. With some creativity, you can use it to generate sales. For example, you can giveaway your gift cards to encourage customers to buy certain products through your Amazon link.
- Niche Marketers seeking niche market intelligence. If products are going through changes, apps getting upgraded, new games about to hit the market… all this stuff is usually ‘tested’ through survey panels. Advance knowledge about these developments will certainly put a marketer light years ahead of competition.
- Web surfers who want to monetize their online activities. Doing what you always do, like checking out new apps, downloading and testing new software, playing games, etc; you can get paid for it.
Earning Station Review: My Opinion
Traditionally, people used to believe that taking surveys for money is a waste of time; mainly because of the impossible to reach withdrawal minimums that existed. Earning Station busted this sentiment by setting a low cash-out minimum; while also making it easy to earn StationDollars through simple tasks.
If you’re not too fond of taking surveys, you have the option to choose the kind of tasks you want to earn from. Conveniently, they put up a number of things that most people already do online daily. Stuff like watching videos, searching the web and playing games.
However, they no longer pay out cash through PayPal. It would have been nice to have the freedom associated with cash. It is also strictly for Americans, which leaves out folks from the rest of the world. But that makes the offers super-targeted and relevant to US citizens. Also, this exclusivity is probably the reason why there are always tasks to complete at Earning Station.
Considering all these points, I believe Earning Station is a simple but legit way to take surveys for money and monetize your usual web surfing activities.
Earning Station definitely has more to offer affiliate marketers than meets the eye. If you live in the US, I RECOMMEND you join and explore Earning Station for some unique niche ideas and promotional tactics.
If you found this Earning Station review to be useful, please tell someone, spread the love and/or leave some feedback below